|Avalanche 101 at Glencoe Mountain. A serious subject, but no reason why learning can't be fun!|
Friday 13th Feb 2015
Friday 20th Feb 2015
Further dates to come for February including more weekday courses if there are groups and demand
- Weather snow and meteo
- Avalanche release
- Victim triggered avalanche: Snap, Crackle and Pop
- Avalanche Forecast Interpretation
- Pre trip planning and pre depart Beacon checks
- 4 "A"'s of planning and slope assessment
- Slope assessment the 3 "C"s before you drop in
- Beacon Searching 101: Three phases of a search, including signal spike, antenna orientation and smart antenna technology, Micro Search Strips/3 circle, Mark/Flagging Pitfalls and Problems
- Probing 101: Including radial probing during pinpoint
- Digging 101: Strategic shoveling and conveyor shoveling
- Victim recovery: Triple "H"
I can supply Ortovox and Back Country Access equipment. If you buy a Beacon (transceiver) from me I am more than happy to run a free familiarty session up the hill. While there may be cheap deals "online" you won't be buying from someone who knows the strengths and weak points of various beacons, who has been at the sharp end of victim recovery and can offer proffessional advice and training on the slopes.